Monday, September 20, 2010

Lessons learned

Life is not about the breaths you take.  The breathing in and out.  It's about the moments that take your breath away.  Slow down or you might miss those times. - paraphrase from a George Strait song I heard this morning on the radio on my way to work.

Haven't recently been a country music fan as of lately.  Flo Rida and Lady Gaga have taken over my radio due to a very fantastic 3 year old.  I smile as I hear her sing Elevator or Telephone from her seat behind me.  Those moments I treasure.

The moment that took my breath away this morning was little.  And if I wasn't paying attention, I would have missed it.  "Mom, I was freaking out because you said school and I am not going to school today mom".  When did my angel learn the words "freaking out"? 

I am nervous about the next few weeks and what I am supposed to do. The only thing I am certain of is that I am not going to FREAK OUT and I am going to LIVE IN THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE MY BREATH AWAY.

1 comment: